Thursday, October 22, 2009

10/22/09

I went to see my surgeon today for a follow up appointment. He took off the steri-strips that were remaining on my incision and said everything looks good. We talked about my reconstruction plans and how important it is to have realistic expectations. I assured him that I had lowered my original, unrealistic expectations after researching pictures and I know they will never look like they use to. I guess it has kind of worked out well having had such a long time to adjust. I think I'm as ready as I will ever be.

I don't have to go back to his office for one whole year! He figured I have enough other doctors following me closely. Of course he also assured me that if I ever need/want to be seen, he would get me in right away. Hopefully I won't have a need.

No comments:

Post a Comment