Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Inscanity begins!

Today was my first ever MRI and I was NERVOUS!

1. They are shoving me into a tube. Am I going to be claustrophic? I don't know. I've never been shoved into a tube before.

2. They are scanning my brain to see if there is cancer there. I think that could make anyone nervous, don't ya think?!

So anyway, I lay down on the table, they give me ear plugs, strapped my head in, I closed my eyes, and they shoved me into the tube. It is a tight squeeze, so I'm not really sure how overweight people get this done. Open MRI maybe?!

Once in, they started the scan. It sounded like a freight train went over my head and then it sounded like someone knocking loudly. These sounds go back and forth for awhile. There is so much loud banging. I actually have a hard time believing they haven't invented a quieter version yet. Someone really needs to get on that.

They did the scan without contrast and then pulled me out, gave me the contrast and shoved me back in to scan some more. It took about 20 minutes.

I did peak once to see just how close the machine was to my face, I can totally see why people would have a problem, it is right there in your face. I was okay, because the ends are open and there is air moving. If it weren't for that, I would've freaked!

Now I wait for the results. Let's hope they say there is a brain in there and it doesn't have any cancer. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment