Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I saw the wizard...

the wonderful wizard of oncology, that is!

I had my three month check up with my oncologist this morning. After getting caught up on what was shaking down with all my other doctors, he said everything looks good. I couldn't let him get off that easy though. He needs to earn his money, so I brought up Tamoxifen. I wanted to know if I was really going to have to take this stuff for the entire 5 LONG YEARS! He said that unless I experience some serious side effect, like a blood clot or something, he recommends I do. I made him go into detail and so he did. He says that this will reduce my risk of recurrence by about 30%. If he would've said 5% or something, I think I would've kissed it goodbye, but since it is a fairly high percentage, I will take it. I won't like it, but I'll do it.

I go back in 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment