Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The "C" word

About three months ago, my husband Jeff found a lump in my breast. I put it off getting it checked, because I was busy with nursing school (dumb, I know). I went last week to see my gynecologist and he sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound led to a mammogram, which led to a biopsy. I went in today to get the results and it turns out I have breast cancer.

They said that the next year will be hard for me, but I will be fine. It is very treatable. They don't think the lymph nodes are involved, which is a very good thing.

I go tomorrow to see a surgeon to see if he wants to start my treatment with surgery or do chemo first to shrink the tumor and then go for surgery. They said I am probably looking at surgery, chemo, radiation, and reconstructive surgery, so I will need all the prayers and support I can get.

I will update more once I find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment