Sunday, June 22, 2008

6/22/08

June 18th I found out what group I was randomly placed in for the B-40 research study. I was placed in the group that almost kept me from participating in the study. It wasn't what I had wanted to hear, but it seems that it is the best group for me (according to my oncologist and the nurses). The reason I wasn't happy is because this group will prolong my battle to about 2 years.


June 20th, I started my first cycle of chemotherapy. I really didn't want to leave the house from the start, but right when we were getting ready to go Gavin started to cry. It broke my heart that he was so scared for me. An 8 year old boy should not have to worry about such things.


At the oncologist's office, I received Taxotere and Avastin via IV and then I have Xeloda pills to take twice a day at home for 14 days. I felt just a little queezy and really tired on Friday, but now today, on day 3, I feel jittery, queezy, and tired. My mouth is also starting to get sore, despite the Nystatin I've been using to prevent mouth sores. I will have weekly blood draws and chemo at the office every 21 days. All in all I still feel much better than I had anticipated. Thank you all for your continued prayers. I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment