Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6/3/08

I just got off the phone with my insurance company. They do not cover the cranial prosthesis, aka wig. I called the american cancer society to find out about the $75 wig voucher program and they said they will have someone contact me in 2-3 business days to see if I qualify. This is all stressing me out, especially today, because I just found out I may be starting chemo as early as next week and it takes about 12-14 days for your hair to start falling out. Do these people not understand I am on a time limit?!


I hate all the decisions that I have to make. There is a protocol study that I qualify for, so my oncologist's office gave me a pack of papers that I would need to look over and sign if I'm going to do it. It is so hard to make that kind of decision, because it is a STUDY! Atleast it is in phase 3, so it isn't brand new, but still they don't know the long term effects yet and I would have more tests than if I didn't do it and if I were placed in one of the groups I would have to wait 210 days longer to have reconstruction. I just don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment