Sunday, January 4, 2009

1/4/09

Jeff got me a laptop table for in bed, so I thought I would give a quick update....


Surgery went well. We won't know the pathology till I go for my follow up visit, but my surgeon said he took level 1 and 2 lymph nodes (there are 3 levels). I have 3 drains in and he has me bound super tight. It is really uncomfortable, but we don't want any fluid collecting. I will have the drains in until the 13th and he said he will probably keep me bound longer. I'm pretty scared to see what it looks like under there, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.


The night after my surgery I didn't sleep a wink. I had some nausea, my pain wasn't controlled, I was uncomfortable, and there was way too much noise. So when the doctor asked if I wanted to stay another night I said no. I was really glad I did, because he increased my pain med so I was able to get some much needed sleep at home. Plus visiting nurses will come see me at home starting today anyway.


I am achy and Jeff has to help me get up and move, get cleaned up, empty my drains, open pill bottles, etc., but I'm doing much better than I expected. I am not allowed to lift anything, so unless someone is here to get my laptop for me I won't be able to get on, but I will check in as often as possible. Thank you all so much for the prayers, flowers, and well wishes. You all are the best!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment