Thursday, July 30, 2009

7/30/09

I have found the perfect plastic surgeon!!!! I actually left her office feeling relief. She was very thorough and spent a lot of time with me going over everything.

She gave me two options....

1. DIEP- this is a 16 hour surgery, where they take the skin and fat from the abdomen and create breasts, leaving behind a scar that goes from hip to hip. It would require 5 days in the hospital and approximately 2 months recovery. She said I don't have a lot to work with, so I would be rather flat chested if I chose this route.

2. LAT FLAPS with implants- this is a 7-8 hour surgery, where they take the skin and muscle from the upper back and create breasts. It would require 3 days in the hospital and approximately 1 month recovery. At the time of surgery she would place tissue expanders and then fill them until we reach the desired size and then switch them in another surgery for the implants. This is the one I am going to go with.

I have to wait atleast 6 months from my last radiation, so she said I would be looking at December or January for foobs!!!!! I go back to see her in October so we can plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment