Wednesday, September 30, 2009

9/30/09

My scopes are done and fortunately I don't remember any of it!! My surgeon said everything looked good. He took a biopsy to check for H. Pylori, but there were no polyps in my colon, so no biopsy there!

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is the bacteria responsible for most ulcers and many cases of stomach inflammation (chronic gastritis). It is also linked to stomach cancer and ulcer disease. The bacteria can weaken the protective coating of the stomach, allowing digestive juices to irritate the sensitive stomach lining. I will know the biopsy results when I go for my follow up appointment on October 8th.

While I was in recovery, I was asking the nurse what kind of experience was needed to get a job at the surgery center. She said you didn't need experience (they will train new RN's) and I could apply any time. She did recommend applying for a casual position and then once I was already hired and a part or full time position became available, I could always apply for the more hours then. What would be nice about working there is, they are usually done around 3:30, they have no weekends, and no holidays! Perfect for a working mom! One of the nurses gave me an application, so I just need to fill it out and return it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything looks good ... good luck with the job opportunity.

    ReplyDelete