Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/5/10 Update

This morning I had an appointment with my oncologist. The first part of my appointment was just catching him up on how my surgery went and how my recovery is going. He asked me if I thought this was all worth it. I told him that if he had asked me a couple weeks ago I would've said no, but at this point I am saying yes. I think I will be happy in the end.

Then he did his assessment and said everything from his standpoint looks good. My bone scan was normal and I don't have to see him again for 6 months, unless there is a problem. He asked me where I stood with my gynecologist and am I going to have my uterus and ovaries out. I told him I see him in February and no I am not having the surgery, because I don't want to. He called me a difficult patient! lol Everything is good there.

Now as for my recovery, I am feeling better every day. I haven't taken anything for pain in days. I still get sore and uncomfortable, but it isn't as intense. I am still wrapped in the ace bandages, which is so very uncomfortable. I am hoping that when I go see my plastic surgeon on Thursday, she will say I can stop wearing it. The thing is I have fluid accumulating on my right back now, so I'm thinking she will still want it on. I guess I will know in a couple days.

Here is a pic of the fluid.


Notice how tight my skin is where the incisions are. She said it will be like that for awhile, but it will get better in time. I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment