Sunday, January 31, 2010

I thought they were going to have to bury me!

Yesterday morning I was woke up with the most HORRIBLE cramps I have ever had in my life. I took Motrin, plus my twice my prescribed dosage of prescription pain med and it didn't touch it. For about 4 hours I was crying and fidgeting trying to get the pain to stop. I could feel my uterus was enlarge and it was painful to palpate. I was getting ready to go to the ER when it eventually subsided.

Fast forward to around 5 o'clock last evening. BEWARE: TMI AHEAD......

I was laying on the couch and my cramps were starting to get bad again. Then all of the sudden I felt something pop and all of this blood FLOODED out. I mean a TON! In the time it took me to RUN from the couch to the bathroom my underwear were completely saturated (front and back), my sweatpants were too, plus there was a pool of blood in my underwear. My hands, legs, entire butt, toilet seat, bathroom floor were all covered, plus this deep purplish blood was pouring out of me like a faucet. It wouldn't stop. I sat on the toilet for quite a while and then decided I needed to put a pad on and call my gyne. Within 10 minutes a heavy pad was saturated and I was a mess all over again. Back to the toilet I went. I continued to bleed super heavy all night. I had a super plus tampon in, plus the pads and they would both fill within 30 minutes.

My doctor told me I could go to the ER if I wanted to get checked, but since I hadn't had a period in almost a year it was going to be heavy, so I decided to stay home and just keep an eye on it.

Here's what I think happened: When I had my last appointment with my gyne he told me my cervix had a lot of scar tissue from the cone biopsy and it was basically sealed shut. Well I started having cramps the last couple months that were progressively getting worse. I think my lining was shedding and not able to come out, until finally it got to be so much it broke through the scar tissue. That is my official diagnosis. LOL!

I wish I would've taken a picture, because seriously you have no idea how much blood there was. It looked like a murder scene. I have never seen so much blood in my life. I am still bleeding heavily, but not like yesterday, thankfully!

I am scheduled to see my gynecologist in less than 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment