Monday, January 25, 2010


I just got back from seeing my plastic surgeon. It turns out the infection I had was strep! That isn't the bug they usually find in wounds, so it is kind of bizarre, but then again, this is me we are talking about, so anything is possible, right?! I am to continue taking the Keflex and call if I notice any signs of infection. They were waiting to hear back whether or not I needed to be on a different antibiotic. She said she would call if that were the case.

Right now everything looks good. She took out one of my two drains and next week she hopes to remove the last one plus the stitches in my back. I can't wait, but at the same time I would rather suffer with a drain than have any more complications. One more week won't kill me.

I couldn't get expanded today, due to the infection. She didn't want to risk anything, so we will wait till next week. I was kind of bummed, but again I would rather be safe than sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Heya Beth :) I'm sorry you're having so many complications. It's so frustrating, I know. Hang in there.