Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My ophthalmologist appt.

I went in thinking my appointment was because my optometrist thought she saw a small tear in my retina. As it turns out, I was there because of the nevus that is on my left eye's retina. The ophthalmologist said it is approximately 1 mm x 1 mm, so it is small. He said it could be metastatic breast cancer, so I have to go back in 3 months to have it checked. If it is a met, then we should see change. I will be followed closely for a while and then eventually end up going once a year for follow up.

I was blown out of the water when the whole conversation ended up being about cancer, when I thought I was going for a possible retina tear, which I thankfully do not have.

When is cancer ever going to leave me alone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment