Monday, September 13, 2010

Tumor by Christina Blust

A woman from YSC's sister wrote this song. I absolutely love it, so I thought I would share.

http://christinablust.bandcamp.com/track/tumor


Tumor, you are mistaken: you are actually a bag of poppy seeds.
I will plant you in my yard.
Come summer, all your petals will go haywire, orange and red.
You will not spread. You will grow flowers instead.

Tumor, you are mistaken: you are actually an old wooden desk.
I will rest my head upon you.
On your surface, lovingly, I'll carve three words next to my name.
You will not spread. You will support my books instead.

Tumor, you are mistaken: you are actually my favorite cotton skirt.
I will put you on in winter.
When the winds come, you will not hinder their pathway to my knees.
You will not spread. You will fit nicely instead.

Tumor, you are mistaken: you are actually a small, frenzied moth.
I will watch you from the front door.
You will kiss the light on my porch, find in its brilliance fatal joy —
you will not spread. You will die for love instead.

credits
from Sudden Amaryllis, released 17 October 2009
Christina Blust: guitar, vocals


I think I'm going to buy the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment