Monday, December 13, 2010

The chiropractor

I've been to one before. When I was in nursing school I had some lower back pain. She adjusted me a few times and gave me exercises to do that would strengthen my core. I really like her, but I still have restrictions and cannot do all those yoga type things right now, so I went to someone else.

My PCP recommended someone who he felt was less "Voodooish" than some of the others we have locally. After doing an exam, he said I am crooked when standing, my jaw deviates to the right, and my neck needs some work, but he thinks I can be fixed in a relatively short time.....PHEW! I hate how chiropractors want you to go 5 days a week for a long time. Who can pay a $25 copay every visit, that many times?!

I got x-rays done, had electric stimulation on my neck and lower back, and then he adjusted me using the ProAdjuster. It's pretty neat.

Anyway, he wants me to get adjusted 3 times a week for a couple weeks and in the meanwhile write down everything I eat. EEK, I don't want to share that information!! I'm trying to eat healthier, but it is a work in progress. I don't want him to see how much I don't eat (I don't eat if I'm not hungry) and how many processed things are in my diet! I know it is bad. That's why I'm working on it!!!!!!!!!

So, we will see how it goes. Hopefully it helps the headaches and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment