Saturday, August 20, 2011

I don't even know what to think...

Yesterday morning I had an appointment to have the nevus in my left eye checked. He dilated my eye and looked everywhere, can't find it. Got a different machine and looked all over, couldn't find it with that one either. So he tells me "I guess it is possible that it could have just went away." So, I asked how common that is and he said not very. Then he goes on to say that he doesn't know how to feel about this.

Since I am taking Tamoxifen, it may have been metastatic breast cancer that responded to the treatment (which is good for a bad scenario). He said I should have scans and blood work done to see if there is cancer elsewhere in my body. It is uncommon for breast cancer to spread to the eye and more common for it to go to the liver and bone. He ordered the blood work to check my liver function and some other stuff, but I need to talk to my oncologist to see about scans.

My doctor has a daughter who is only 4 years younger than me, so he thinks of me like his daughter. When he was discussing this stuff with me he had tears in his eyes.

All day yesterday, before and after the Britney Spears concert, I kept randomly breaking down and crying. If I get more bad news you might as well point me in the direction of the nearest tall building.

If all the tests come back normal then I will go back in 6 months to have both eyes dilated and examined.

No comments:

Post a Comment