Thursday, September 8, 2011

Big day for my family!

Today was my appointment to get my aerolas tattooed on. The aesthetician said the appointment would probably take about 2 1/2 hours, but it ended up taking 3 hours. The first part was signing consent, picking out size, and color. That may not sound hard, but it really is! I was happy to have my friend, Jenn with me, so she could put her two cents in. So once we got the size and color picked, she determined that I would need a local anesthetic (lidocaine) to numb the area on only one side. Turns out I have more feeling than I thought! My plastic surgeon came in to give the injection and then the aesthetician started the tattooing. It wasn't too bad, even on the side that wasn't given the injection. The color and size seems good, so I'm happy. I go back in 8 weeks and we can determine if they need done again. At that time I am also getting a complimentary hour long facial, which I think is wonderful!

While I was getting my tattoos, my sister Erika was in Virginia getting her prosthetic ear. Here is a video that shows Bob Barron's work. It is amazing! http://www.prosthesis.com/video.htm

You can't even tell that her ear isn't real! I'm so happy for her!

















Slowly, but surely, Erika and I are getting though this crap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment