Monday, December 21, 2009

One more to go!

I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon today. She took drain #3 out of my left back, so now I am left with only the problem child, drain #4. It continues to drain old blood, which if not drained could cause an infection. She wants me to come back on Dec. 31st and we will see about getting it out, but even if it isn't ready, she said we will start to fill my expanders! I am to call for a sooner appointment if my left back starts to collect fluid now that the drain is out. Other than that the incisions are all healing beautifully. I am still having pain. It is mostly in my back and it's worse at night and first thing in the morning. I don't have my energy back and become fatigued rather quickly, but I guess that is to be expected when healing from such a major surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment