Monday, December 28, 2009

The VNA nurse came this morning to assess me and she agreed that there is fluid accumulating on my left back, near the bottom of the incision. It is about a 2 inch circle, so it isn't too bad. I called my plastic surgeon's office as I was told to do if this should happen and spoke to the Physician's assistant. She said that since it isn't too bad I should just keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets worse, but I should be okay to just wait to be seen at my Thursday appointment. We are hoping that my last drain will come out that day. The drainage has finally started to lighten in color and the amount has decreased within the last few days. Let's all cross our fingers! After it is removed I will FINALLY be allowed to drive again. I can't wait!

Here are a couple pictures of my back. You can see the incisions are healing nicely. At this point I am only putting Bacitracin Zinc ointment on them once daily. I also tried to point out where the fluid is but you can't see it in the pic. If you run your finger over it you can see a wavelike movement though.



No comments:

Post a Comment