Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Radiation Oncology, One Year Later!

This morning I saw my radiation oncologist for the first time in a year. It was nice to see the office staff. I was greeted with hugs, compliments, and lots of smiles. They are absolutely amazing and I am so grateful for them all!

The actual exam itself was rather uneventful, which is always nice. He is sending me for a chest x-ray, due to my lungs hurting when I breathe, but he thinks it is due to my lovely expanders putting pressure. It is better to be safe, than sorry, but he thinks everything looks good. I'm going to wait until next week to have the x-ray done, so I can kill two birds with one stone and get my pre-op bloodwork done at the same time.

Okay, enough about that! I am very excited to announce that today I managed to reach my personal fundraising goal for the Relay for Life. As of right now I have managed to raise......$1,121.00!!!

Don't believe me?! Check it out for yourself....

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/bethgibbons

Pretty awesome, huh?!

Beth's Believers are currently at $1,316.00 and we are not done yet! Amanda has a fundraiser going on at work, there is a donation jar at a local chiropractor's office, and we are going to sell bracelets and do face painting at the Relay. I am absolutely amazed by the outpouring of love and support from my friends. I wish nothing more than to see a cure for this horrible disease in my lifetime and plan on doing everything I can to help that happen.

Please say a prayer for my breast cancer sisters. Some of them are really struggling right now and could use all the help they can get.

6 comments:

  1. hi beth. i thought of you when my cousin (who is going thru chemo right now) gave me some petition forms from this sanctuary http://tapinu.org/main.html
    she came to visit from the uk and went to gozo and before leaving malta she came over and left me a few forms. i found them the other day and for some unknown reason you popped into my head.
    i dont have your email or address as i'd like to send you one, (if you are religious). if not i'd do it for you. becky
    bpbajona(at)maltanet(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I'm religious, but not Catholic. What religion is this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm roman catholic. and so is the ta'pinu sanctuary. if your not comfortable and dont want to do it i understand, would you like me to do a petition for you? (am sure God wont mind!!)
    oh btw your mothers day pic look great. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the petition for? I don't think I understand. If you would like to do it for me that would be more than fine. :)
    Oh and thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is a special book in the sanctuary where all the petitions are entered (a petition is where you pray for a special "something". eg to pass exams, to keep safe on travels, to cure from sickness, to help manage anger etc etc.
    then at a certain time (dont know the exact day, week or when) during prayers the petitions are named and offered up to the Lord.
    you could call it 'an email to God'
    so i will fill out a form for you in your name and post it to to sanctuary. and lots of people will pray for you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, I understand now! Thanks so much for thinking of me. You really are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete