Monday, November 15, 2010

LBBC Conference 2010













The 2010 Living Beyond Breast Cancer Conference was held on November 13th in Philadelphia, PA. I went last year and enjoyed myself, but the conference itself was a little hard to get through. This year it was amazing! The energy of the speakers was night and day when compared to last year. So, WAY TO GO LBBC!!!

I want to give a couple of the speakers a shout out....

Marisa C. Weiss, MD
. She spoke not only as a doctor, but as a breast cancer survivor. She was down to earth and kept things very interesting. I wish she were my doctor!

Sherry Lebed Davis. She is also a survivor and was hilarious! She told stories from her experiences, such as feeling like Tinkerbell as her light was going out, her dog getting a hold of her prosthetic boob and using it as a chew toy, the fire department coming because her nipple caught on fire, and more. Each story shows what a dynamic personality she has. If you ever have a chance to hear her speak, do it!!!!

The other fantastic part of going to this conference is the time it allowed me to spend hanging out with my Young Survival Coalition girls, which is so very special to me. They are the ones who "get it". We laugh and cried together the entire time. I have a TON of pictures, but I won't over do it and post them all.













So funny, but probably had to be there....

















This is my Chemical Crusader sister Carrie. We went through treatment at the same time and she was an amazing support to me and all the other crusaders. Love her to pieces.
















Remember me posting about my dear sister Lisa Collins who passed away? She was the one who took Flat Beth to conference last year. Well I had the oportunity to get my picture taken with Flat Lisa. It was very emotional, considering I never had the opportunity to meet the real Lisa in person. Many tears were shed as we shared memories of her this weekend.







































My twin? Long lost sister? This is Patty. Last year at conference everyone said she looked like Flat Beth. We don't see it, but everyone else does. What do you think?

















This is Tracey. She takes Flat Lisa with her every time she travels. Meeting her was like meeting a rock star!













These are the times that are priceless to me.

2 comments:

  1. hey beth, happy for you that you had a great time. i do love to see you smile. God bless.
    My cousin has come to live in Malta from the Uk. her uk doc gave her 9-18mnths, depending if she took chemo. in malta she has a different doc, who is perplexed with the 'time left' she has been given, so she has had radiotherapy and prob more chemo next week but she's feeling better and has been given a ray of sunshine hope instead of a dark gray cloud. we pray and hope. keep safe hugs becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I'm glad your cousin is feeling better and has a new doctor. I will keep her in my prayers, as well as the rest of your family.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete